Hello my fellow Yogis,
Hot Vinyasa Flow Yoga at Breathe Yoga is something I’ve really gotten into this past year, and as all yogis reading could agree, it is more than just an amazing workout. One-hundred percent of the time I leave my practice with the clearest mind I’ve had all day.
Being a former competitive gymnast, I’ve missed exercise that is both fun and enjoyable. After 2 arm surgeries, a fractured back and 16 years of being a gym rat, there was not much left for me in that sport that didn’t cause pain. I seriously felt that at age 16, my body had aged 20 years ahead without my permission.
Hot Yoga is one of the only things I’ve found that is painless for my body, fun, and a really good workout to boot. If you find yourself stuck in my boat of hating the gym and struggling to find a workout routine that works for you, try a drop-in class at a hot yoga studio!
One of the most important things I’ve learned throughout my yoga journey is ‘Ujjayi Breathing’ (one of the 5 pillars of yoga). It might seem silly, but I’ve seriously learned how to breathe myself out of almost anything… the F train, a heated argument, even cracking a jar of olive oil all over my kitchen. 🙂
Below, I’m sharing my yoga essentials that I bring and/or wear to practice every time I go.
- Lululemon Wunder Under Pant Hi-rise– These are my favorite pair of leggings that I own. I love how high-rise they are because when I practice I like to be all sucked in and these do just that.
- Free People Yoga Bra– I never thought I would turn to Free People for yoga clothes, but they actually have an amazing selection of yoga crops and tops that are so cute!
3. Lululemon Yoga Mat– If you are serious about getting into hot yoga, I urge you to not make the mistake of buying any other mat then this one. This mat is so slip-resistant, helping me stay in all of my poses, even when dripping with sweat.
4. eQua Yoga Towel– Since you will be dripping with sweat, you definitely need some sort of towel. This one has been my favorite, it’s super absorbent and drys quickly.
5. My Yeti Mater mug– Since you are in a 90-degree room for over an hour, it is hard to keep your water super cold. My Yeti somehow manages to keep ice alive even by the end of my practice. I would die without it!
If you guys have any favorite products I would love to hear about them!!