I’ve been waiting for this week to come since November, but if you know me you know that I pack my suitcase the night before. Thankfully, I’ve perfected the packing a suitcase routine after all the practice my parents have given me through spending our summers in Spain.
The must haves-
1. Flip Flops -I’ve had the same pair of Havaianas for years now and they are my favorite pair of flip-flops. You definitely need a comfy pair for traveling around your resort and beach.
2. Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch 30 SPF Sunscreen/ Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen– Through the (thankful) years of my mother forcing us to lather on sunscreen before being able to leave the room, I’ve been able to find a lotion that has become my personal favorite. I know how important it is to protect your skin, so finding one that I actually like makes me not dread doing the right thing. There’s nothing worse that being carless your first day of vacation, frying your skin, and just looking ridiculous the rest of your time at the beach. Also, buying your sunscreen before you arrive at your resort/hotel will save you big bucks. They love to skyrocket the prices for the same drugstore products. Both these lotions smell so good and don’t make your skin feel sticky or oily after applying. It’s so important to take care of your skin NOW so that later you won’t regret it.
3. Hair products – I don’t even attempt to do my hair when I’m in the Caribbean or Mexican humidity anymore, so I’ve learned to just work with it. My personal favorite and what I’ll be bringing with me is the TIGI Catwalk Session Series Salt Spray, it keeps my hair tamed and gives the perfect beachy waves with little to no effort.
4. Beach bag & towel – A beach bag is one of the most crucial necessities for your spring break trip in my opinion. H&M & Zara have some great ones but normally I just bring my Longchamp since it has a zip closure which is super important. Which ever you decide to bring, make sure it is durable enough to make it through all your pool days and booze cruise excursions.
5.Sunnies -Definitely plan to bring one cheap pair of sunglasses, and one nice pair. This will allow you to be able to alternate pairs and have to worry about getting a pair ruined.
6.ALOE/AFTER SUN – There’s nothing worse than burning, and THEN having nothing to put on it while you lay like a starfish on your bed. Plan to bring an aloe or aftersun, one of my personal favorites is the Australian Gold Moisture Lock Tan Extender.
7. Sneakers– I usual just wear my pair of sneakers during my travels so they don’t take up any of my suitcase space. But it’s always nice to have a pair in case you decide to do any jungle excursions or ones that require you to have them.
8. Downsize your makeup bag– since you are going to be bronzing in the sun taking your whole makeup bag is just not necessary. I’ve condensed mine down to my tannest foundation, concealer, waterproof mascara, and eyeliner.
9.SPF Chapstick– I’ve learned my lesson from not being careful with this! Burning your lips is excruciatingly painful and something you don’t want to have to worry about during your week of relaxation and margaritas. One of my new favorites (shout out to my sister) is the Fresh Sugar lip treatment chapstick that has 15 SPF. This product is an Allure Best of Beauty winner, and you can find it at Sephora!
10. And lastly Bathing suits! Obviously, this is the most important thing to pack so that you can take full advantage of the beautiful sunshine and beaches. This year I tried to restock my swimsuits and I found some really great ones on Amazon, Forever21, Beach Bunny and Vitamin A swimwear! For my trip, I’m packing a swimsuit for each day. This might seem unnecessary but it’s just something that’s fun for me, and I can rationalize it because a baiting suit is what I’m going to be wearing for a majority of my days there 🙂
These are my top 10 essentials I’ll be bringing for my trip to Cancun next week! I hope this helped you for any last minute things you need to throw in your bag!!
Enjoy your trips ❤
Xox Ciao Bellas